Wednesday 5 June 2013

Free machine Embroidery on painted fabric

5th June 2013

I was up early this morning, another lovely day, and decided to enhance a piece of painted fabric from earlier in the course.
 This design idea was from Unit 1 (white brush marks on black paper) and I commented that I didn't like it. When Anne gave me feedback she thought it would be good stitched so this was my task this morning.

I used a purple thread in straight stitch to outline the 'petal' shapes. Then used a variegated thread-yes I do really love these threads-to try to shade the petals. I tried different ideas on each flower and think I improved as I progressed. Next I stitched the stem-you know which thread- and experimented with long and short straight stitch. I would have preferred a thinner stem but had to follow the paint marks!

I thought the end result really enriched the fabric and may use it as a centre for a cushion at a later date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment