Sunday, 30 June 2013

Cow Parsley Picture using free machining

30th June 2013

Greetings from a very windy Blackpool!

Today I cut a piece from my dyed linen fabric and decided to print a background of leaves using the leaves I had previously dried.        

This time I used a brush(instead of a sponge) to paint each leaf before placing it on the cloth. I then took a firm cardboard roll and rolled quite firmly over the leaf. The result was much clearer using this method.



Next I used wadding and felt to back this fabric to give a quilted effect. I then free machined the 'cow parsley' onto the fabric using variegated threads and a narrow satin stitch for the stems. I also gently sponge printed yellow and a touch of orange into the background. (This idea came from the 'Stitch' magazine.)


I am going to hand embroider white french knots on my train journey to London tomorrow!