Tuesday 21 January 2014

First Experiment with Transfer Paints

21st January 2014

Look what I got this morning...

Transfer Paints

..I was like a child on Christmas morning and I just had to play straight away!!!

I painted a sample of each colour on a sheet of photo copier paper....

....then used up the rest of the paint from he palette.

I then had to wait for over 30 mins for the paper to dry!
(used this time to have a shower and get dressed!)

Next I decided to weave the two papers so cut in wavy lines for added interest... for the exciting bit!

I chose some cotton fabric (a mistake as the paints transfer better onto manmade fabrics!!)...

..the colours are much more vibrant when transferred....

..not sure whether I ironed for long enough or because it is cotton fabric but the result was disappointing!

I will try on Lutradur next time.

1 comment:

  1. I love the fact that you began playing before you had even dressed - that's exactly what I would do!