Wednesday 22 January 2014

Experiment 2 with Transfer Paints!

22nd January 2014

I think I am going to be practising a great deal with these paints!!

I drew a daffodil on paper....

..painted with transfer paints...

..when dry ironed onto Lutradur...

..a better result but I must now do this on a man made fabric as I want to free machine and make a card for a friend who loves daffodils. I will have to go through my stash to find a suitable fabric as most of my fabrics are natural from when I was dyeing with Procion dyes.

As I have now started Unit 6 thought I better get my book made.

I made a large piece of silk paper using the iron method, sprayed it with 2 shades of Procion and when dry I printed with a wooden block and also the lino cut from Monday...

..coated this with acrylic wax to protect the paper..

..when dry spent time free machining in a variety of threads including silver... another coat of wax.

Tomorrow I will hopefully finish the book.

I started the day smiling because...

..a beautiful rainbow!

No comments:

Post a Comment